Practice Announcement 20.01.2021
Please see attached a statement from the Partners,
Practice Announcement 14.05.2021.
As of 13/03/2020,and continuing after the 17.05.2021 physical access to the surgery will only be given if you have a pre-booked appointment and you do not have a recent cough, fever or are short of breath. The phone lines are open as normal. If you need an appointment, you need to phone the surgery first to be triaged over the telephone by a clinician. Due to the current situation, our practice will no longer be making appointments at reception.
If you need to book an appointment (telephone triage calls ONLY at present), Please ring the practice on 01952 630500.
For further information following the change on the 17.05.2021 to government rules to social distancing please see following link.
As of 01.08.2020 The Surgery will no longer accept paper Prescriptions, If you have a prescription request you will need to Contact POD (Prescription Ordering Direct) 01952 580350 Or Online Via Patient Access (details of how you can register for this can be found here)
Many Thanks for your understanding Dawley Medical Practice.
PROBLEMS WITH ACCESS TO THE PRESCRIPTION ORDERING DIRECT
We have been made aware of issues with accessing the Prescription Ordering Direct via their telephone line. They are experiencing a high volume of calls due to staff sickness and COVID Isolation. Please be patient with them, your call will be answered. Alternatively you can email your request to them: email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT REPEAT PRESCRIPTION REQUESTS AT THE SURGERY.
COVID-19 VACCINATION PROGRAMME
Wellington Medical Practice is acting as a Vaccination site for our patients.
If you receive a text message from them inviting you to Wellington Medical Practice for your vaccination, it is not a scam text.
Please act on this invite and book and attend your appointment at Wellington Medical Practice.
Dawley Medical Practice is now booking COVID-19 vaccinations.
We will be running weekly clinics alongside our regular clinics to vaccinate all patients in priority order (in line with government guidance). For any medically housebound patients we will organise a home visit to administer your Covid-19 vaccination.
Please see the Government's website for the order of priority in which people will be vaccinated here.
INFORMATION ON THE SECOND DOSE OF THE COVID-19 VACCINATION
- Nearly 70,000 people in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin are now fully vaccinated having received the second part of their vaccination
- The first dose of both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine offer good levels of protection, but everyone needs the second part of their vaccination to get maximum protection from COVID-19
- Please come forward for the second part of your vaccination when you are contacted or if you have an appointment booked
- If you received your first part of your vaccination in a hospital hub or through a GP service, you will be contacted to receive the second part. You do not need to contact the NHS.
- If you booked your appointment through the national booking service (online at nhs.uk/covid vaccine or by ringing 119) you will have booked both your first and second appointments at the same time
- If you rang 119 you will have been given details of your second appointment over the phone
- If it is three calendar months since the first part of your vaccination and you have not received a second appointment, please contact us or go to Book a coronavirus vaccination - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Unless there are exceptional circumstances, everyone should have their second part of the vaccination in the same place where they had the first part of the vaccination
- If people are concerned about the second part of their vaccination, then they should contact their GP, or http://www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination
Keep safe and thank you for your patience and support during this difficult time.
COVID 19 (CORONAVIRUS)
For all COVID-19 information please select "Coronavirus Advice" from the menu at the bottom of the page.
In the interests patient and staff safety, the Partners have requested that patients and visitors wear a face covering whilst on practice premises. Many thanks for your support and co-operation.
You can now access our Online Triage Service, please follow the link below for more details
GP Extended Opening Hours Appointments
GP Practices across Telford & Wrekin, including Dawley Medical Practice, are participating in the delivery of the national extended hours service which allows patients to be able to see a local GP, nurse or other healthcare professional for extended hours pre-bookable appointments including in the evenings and at weekends. These appointments will be available at any GP practice in the Telford area (Subject to availability).
Extended Hours Hub
Monday to Friday 6:30pm - 8:00pm
Weekends and Bank Holidays 8:00am - 8:00pm
Contact number: 01952 661199
Partners in Care
Our mission is to strive for the highest possible standards of quality personal care in which you are treated with dignity, respect and in strict confidence. Principles of equality and non-discrimination, regardless of race, religion, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation, are very important to all of us.
We are forward thinking and have a proactive approach to preventative medicine. We are a well equipped practice and use the latest technology which enables us to offer a variety of in-house services. Our modern pleasant building offers both ample free parking and disabled access.
Register for Patient Access
What is Patient Access?
With Patient Access, you can now access your GP services at home, work or on the move - wherever you can connect to the internet. What's more, because Patient Access is a 24 hour online service you can do this in your own time, day or night.
1. Order repeat prescriptions
2. Update your address and telephone numbers
3. View your medical record
4. Create a personal health record (iOS8 only)
Please use this link:-
Once you have done this you will need to attend the surgery with 2 forms of ID one will need to be a photo such as a passport. We will then be able to activate your account.
I am pleased to share with you the attached promotional material for our new Suicide Bereavement Service which can be forwarded as appropriate to your networks and partners.
Referrals are accepted from anyone affected by a death by suicide or suspected suicide that feels they could benefit from some additional help.
Referrals can be made either via self-referral or from someone acting on a person’s behalf (following consent) such as by a GP, police or other support services/agencies.
Contact details for the Shropshire service are as follows:
(Site updated 14/05/2021)